Importance of Communication : In The Real Corporate World
Developing communication skills can help many aspects of your life, from your professional career, to your social gathering, to your family life.
For today’s managers, good communication plays an essential role in their success in the workplace and in their personal life. Leaders who know how to communicate effectively with those around them will see better productivity and improved relationships in every aspect of their lives.
In today's hectic world, we rely heavily on sharing information, resulting in greater emphasis being placed on having good communication skills. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential in order to deliver and understand information quickly and accurately. Being able to communicate effectively is a vital life skill and should not be overlooked.
Effective communication involves knowing how to listen attentively. It’s the ability to offer empathy, open-mindedness, and helpful feedback based on what you hear.
Benefits of Effective Communication
Building Trust – Effective communication fosters trust with others. Your ability to listen attentively and embrace different points of view helps others trust that you are making optimal decisions for everyone in the group.
Helps Your Career Progression – You will need to request information, discuss problems, give instructions, work in teams, interact with colleagues and clients. If you are to achieve co-operation and effective teamwork, good human relations skills are essential. Also, as the workplace is also becoming more global, there are many factors to consider if you are to communicate well in such a diverse environment.
Being able to deliver messages clearly and understand other people means work can be completed more effectively and to the benefit of the company as a whole.
Increases Engagement – With people feeling more confident in their work and in their understanding of what they need to do, they become more engaged with their work as a whole. By prioritizing effective communication, you can increase engagement, and thus boost satisfaction, among your team members.
Allows You to Speak Concisely - It is natural to feel some nerves when speaking to superiors or to clients. Communication skills training will help you learn how best to communicate effectively in a wide range of situations, and how to be direct in order to get the most out of your dealings with others.
Other Benefits of Effective Communication - The most successful organizations understand that if they are to be successful in today’s business world, good communication at all levels is essential. Here is a useful mnemonic to remember the benefits you and your organization can achieve from effective communication:
• Stronger decision-making and problem-solving
• Upturn in productivity
• Convincing and compelling corporate materials
• Clearer, more streamlined workflow
• Sound business relationships
• Successful response ensured
How PIBM Helps Its Students to Build Good Communication Skills
PIBM’s dedicated communication cell works rigorously on not only developing the communication skills but also in improving the overall personality of the students through a myriad of activities.
- Rigorous training of students by involving them in activities like role play, individual presentation, extempore to boost up their confidence.
- Increases business communication by training you on drafting emails, content writing, understanding business communication
- Corporate interface helps the students to communicate with the industry experts which builds their confidence and knowledge
- Public Speaking skills are developed by regular interview sessions, corporate interaction, quiz competition, speech competition to motivate the students
- Building Confidence by conducting regular mock GD & PI with the corporates making them ready to face the real corporate world
- PIBM Debate League PIBM organizes PDL (PIBM Debate League) where students participate in the debate completion which helps to enhance their interpersonal communication skills, build confidence & leadership qualities, and express their thoughts.
PIBM helps the students to enhance their communication skills and make them ready to face the challenges of the real corporate world. Through many events, PIBM provides a platform for its students to participate and build leadership skills.